Explore Mindfulness and Cross Country Skiing
This page and details are still under construction
Program pending until land-use permits obtained and other arrangements
Mornings will offer meditation practice followed by a hearty breakfast. After breakfast, we will depart for local begginer's trails which are 40 min drive from base. You'll learn the basics of gear and sliding safely on XC skis. Then we'll be off before you know it, 15-30min, to practice mindful skiing.
The weekend will offer options for both novice and experienced skiers and meditators: Lessons in nordic skiing and in meditaiton will be offered over the course of the weekend. Emphasis will be on learning the skill of cross-country skiing from either a beginner's level or to improve your intermediate skills,, and developing the ability to sustain a meditative state while in motion. Sunday will possibly include back-country, off-trail skiing.
No ski equipment needed, unless you want to bring your own. Rentals will be available for the weekend.
Led by an team of experienced instructors and meditators, this weekend will provide room for exploring the layers of self-knowledge possible through cross-country skiing.
If you are ready to go deeper with your experience of the outdoors, join us for this incredible weekend. We will be staying together at Wonderwell, and then driving to the nearby XC trails. This retreat will include
- An introduction to XC ski skills
- An exploration of meditative and contemplative practices that can enhance our connection to the great outdoors
- An exploration of what XC skiing can mean for explorations of the self and the spirit.
Saturday and Sunday will begin with morning meditation at Mountain Spirit, followed by a day of skiing. The evenings will include discussions and relaxation.
This is not primarily a silent retreat, but there will be some periods of recommended silence to allow us to deepen in the experience of the inner adventure.
XC Skiing and Mindfulness
- All abilities welcome, experienced skiers will be just as fulfilled from the experience as beginners.
- A user-friendly approach to teaching beginners, a no-fear way of learning.
- XC is easy to learn. The terrain will be easy and moderate.
- Bring your own skis or rent.
- All meals and lodging provided during the weekend, commute option is available
- We'll take weather into account so you won't have to worry about freezing, but do bring warm clothes - see equipment list
Return to Top of Page